With all the worry around Covid-19 (Coronavirus), many people have taken the decision to self-quarantine and/or work from home. Being by yourself for such a long period of time can be a struggle and can lead to feeling lonely. We’ve put together some top tips to help your mental health during this time.
- If you have a garden, try and spend some time outside each day – at least 20 minutes. If not, open all your windows for a while and let some fresh air in.
- Try and stick to a regular schedule as far as possible – have set times to wake up, work, and go to sleep. Get dressed every day and avoid the temptation to stay in your pyjamas all day.
- Have technology free time. It’s easy to sit on your phone or on Netflix while you’re at home, but also take some time away from screens to read a book and chill out.
- Don’t stay in bed all day! It’s tempting to work from your bed – just because you can – but have a separate work area in order to distinguish between work and relaxation times.
- Stay connected to your friends and family. Try and speak to a human at least once a day.
- Increase your movement. Try walking up and down the stairs or find a yoga video on YouTube to avoid sitting down all day.