Self isolating is a tough experience for many of us. Here is how you can stay healthy and connected even in your own space.
- Stay in communication with friends and family via video-calling. Check in on people regularly. Maybe schedule a call with a different person each day at a certain time?
- Engage in self care: pick up a new hobby, read a book, watch a film, do a 1000 piece puzzle.
- Avoid burnout by keeping in line with routine.
- Have a designated space for work.
- Set aside a few minutes of your busy day to turn on apps like ‘Calm’ and allow yourself to recoup
- Try at home workouts accessible via YouTube: yoga, mindfulness, cardio, the possibilities are endless! Try the suggestions here.
- Eat well. Try making an elaborate meal with whatever ingredients you have at home.
- Stay hydrated. This is important every day, and particularly for your health at home.
- Access nature where possible. Try your balcony, the garden, or a short walk outside with appropriate social distancing.
- Ensure your home environment is well ventilated. Open those windows!
- Reconnect with the Qur’an. Maybe even start with a few verses, and discuss them with someone you know.
- Du’a might help you connect with your spirituality.
- Try a mindful prayer. Tips on how to do this are here.
- Try and find a good deed that you can do from home. Give to a charity if you can.
- Think of someone who needs connecting with, perhaps an elderly relative, and give them a call.